Garden Route is abundance of natural beauty and it is combination of endless ocean shores, beaches, natural forests, stretches, lakes, rivers, mountain ranges. It seems the Universe decided to gather all natural beauty of the at this liitle land stretch. Officially Garden Route starts from Mossel bay town and continues to Wilderness, Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, Tsitsikamma forest, Nature Valley until Van Stadens bridge at the Eastern Cape . And there are must see highlights on this route – wild life animals encounters, adrenalin rush adventures, peaceful time at the nature, safari parks, mountain hikes and much more.
We offering you a few trips around Garden Route to explore it in full.
Garden Route is a malaria free zone with a very mild climate.
Hotel or location of your choice in Cape Town
30 Minutes Before Event Time
This trip based on natural beauty. You will see Magnificent sceneries of semi desert, mountains, ocean, long and wild beaches. This area famouse for diavercity of the nature at such small stretch of the land. And you can find here pretty much everything – mountains, lakes, rivers, wetlands, astray, bush, forest, ocean….
You would be able to step in two oceans at once at the most Southern Point of Africa – Cape Agulhas. You will be hugging and walking with elephants, taking pictures with cheetah and caracal and other wild cats at enclosure , walk amazing trails and storm river suspension bridge at the Tsitsikamma forest, take a speed boat at Knysna Lagoon and I’m sure enjoying your time at the nature.
• Driving via beautiful Winelands
• Route 62 – Klein Karoo. Semi irrigate desert. Little farming towns every 50-70 km. Longest wine route in the world as all towns have wine farms
• Stops: Worcester for a coffee (1.5 from Cape Town), Barrydale (3 hours from Cape Town) for a lunch break
• Oudtshoorn – Ostrich farm tour
• Overnight in Oudtshoorn
Depart Cape Town and travel along Route 62 to Barrydale for lunch (not included in cost). Continue to Oudtshoorn – the ‘feather capital’ of the world. Visit a working ostrich farm for a guided ostrich safari tour. Check into your accommodation in the late afternoon before enjoying dinner.
• Visit Cango caves – famous beautiful stalactites and stalagmites caves . Some of the lime stone formations over a million years
• Drive down to the coastal shore via Outeniqua pass, stop for the photos
• Pass town George, Wilderniss, Knysna –amazing iconic nature of forest, bush, lakes, wetlands and endless ocean beaches combined
• Lunch stop at Knysna Waterfront – amazing Fethabed lagoon (astary). Stop for the photos to see Knysna heads and whole lagoon – view point
• Arrive at Plettenberg bay – boat cruise at Keurboom river
• Overnight at Plettenberg bay
Enjoy a morning tour of the Cango Caves – one of the natural wonders of the world. Continue to the lagoon side town of Knysna – the gem of the Garden Route. Enjoy some time at leisure at the Knysna Waterfront before proceeding to The Crags near Plettenberg Bay. Embark on an informative cruise up the Keurbooms River before arriving at your lodge where you shall spend the following two nights. Freshen up before dinner at your hotel.
We will stop at the top of the historical road built on the slops of the mountain to enjoy views and take pictures• Visit Elephant sanctuary at Crags and get close to wild giants – feed them, walk with them.
• Visit Birds of Eden – largest birds bird reservation in Southern hemisphere
• Lunch break
• Visit Wild cats sanctuary Tenikwa ( all African wild cats, get close to them, take pic and even possibility to walk with cheetah or groom cheetah) or boat trip to see dolphins seals and whales (in the season)
After breakfast, get up-close-and-personal with nature at the Elephant Sanctuary. The visit presents you with the opportunity to touch, feed and photograph these gentle giants. After lunch (to own account), visit Birds of Eden – the largest free-flight bird aviary in the world and Wild cat experience at wild cat sanctuary Tenikwa. Optional early in the morning: Whale & Dolphin boat experience (weather & time permitting; not included) before returning to the hotel.
• Driving to Tsitsikamma National park – untouched forest with indigenous trees, mountain range, beautiful marine shore conservation
• Stop at Bloukrans Bungy bridge – highest in the world bridge for the bungy jump in the world (214 m). Brave one can do a jump
• Walk at Tsitsikamma forest to Storm river mouth suspension bridge – 40 min to 1 hour walk to the Storms River Mouth suspension bridge. Can be extended for 1.5 walk for more advanced hikers.
• Lunch break at the beautiful seafood restaurant at the Tsitsikamma Storms River Mouth.
• After lunch proceed towards Port Elizabeth. Zip lines – sliding above the waterfalls in the forest. So much fun for children and adults
• Drive to Port Elizabeth (PE)
• Overnight at PE
After breakfast and check-out formalities, journey along the final leg of the Garden Route to the beautiful Tsitsikamma National Park. Enjoy a walk along the suspension bridge across the Storms River mouth gorge which offers visitors incredible views and photo opportunities. The tour terminates in Port Elizabeth at approximately 18h00 with drop-off at the airport or your Port Elizabeth based hotel.